Pics from el camera de mi compañera
Hello my loves!
I am so excited it is finally Pday! We went to the temple this morning and it was awesome. It is SO small, I felt like a student in zoolanders school for ants. Our bus ride there was pretty much a circus act. I don’t think we could have fit a single other person in there. I told my companions to enjoy it because it is the only time we get to touch somebody;)
Anyway, I am having so much already! I absolutely love it! My companions are Hermana Stringham and Hermana Manwill, both from Utah- but I love them anyway because they are so cute and amazing!
Our first night here, we had to carry all of our 50-100lb bags up six flights of stairs. The effort was embarrassing. Our first day, my companions and I all wore green on accident which was perfect because we are considered “greenies”! So we illegally took a picture. I say illegally because we are not allowed to take pictures on any day but Pday. The food is great but everybody has promised us constipation or diarrhea. So far so good. They make juice out of EVERYTHING! Which is awesome since we can’t drink the water. The butter is usually moldy, there are bugs in the shower, the toilet paper is as worthless as notebook paper but I don’t care! It is awesome!!!! So far we have learned the missionary objective, how to pray, bear testimony, and recite the first vision all in spanish! It is coming along awesome! I can’t believe we have improved so much so fast. Oh, there is a fruit here called granadilla. You crack it on your forehead and the inside looks like fish eggs or tadpoles. It is so good! It’s also supposed to help with digestion so we eat like three a meal.
OK FUNNY STORIES!
1) Our district had to bear our testimonies to the Latino classes and on Elder ended up telling the class he was going to eat Jesus Christ for lunch.
2) TO memorize the first vision we wrote the first letter of every word on the board. I was trying to memorize it, and in dead silence I exclaimed, “Sweet! I got to “P”!” So when everybody was like “What the heck Hermana?!?!?!?!” I realized it sounded like, “Sweet! I have to pee!”
3) We sometimes use a computer program to help with spanish. There is a part of the program that allows you to record yourself saying the words and play it back to yourself. I recorded myself growling really loud into the microphone and then told my Latina maestra (teacher) to put my headphones on and replayed it on high voume:)
4) During lunch I dropped ALL my silverwear in front of everybody, Hermana Stringham spilled her soup, dropped her spoon, and had a red circle on her head from cracking the granadillas, and then I spilled all over my shirt! It was such a mess!
5) Yesterday during relief society, the lady that taught our class had a voice problem. It is hard to explain with words but she would be speaking normal and then mid sentence her voice would drop like ten octaves and then go back up again hahahaha I was dying!! I felt so bad but it was too much for a young girl like me to handle:)
6) Sunday night after dinner, I had the ultimate obesity experience. I shoved breadrolls in all my pockets because we are always starving before bed!
Anyway, sorry this is so long! I don’t want to bore you with anymore things, just know that everything is great. I am so happy here! I love it so much! Oh and here at the CCM (MTC) I canNOT send or receive any mail. Lo ciento. I love you all so much! Sorry I forgot my camera, I’ll next week. So far the only rules we’ve broken have been shewing gum, singing, and taking one picture :0!
p.s. NONE of the Latinos can say my name. Everybody call me FRAY RAY.